U.S. Conducts More Strikes Against Houthis 

President Biden says strikes to deter militants will continue. 

U.S. coalition forces conducted a fourth round of attacks against the Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen. The strikes followed an announcement Wednesday that the Houthis had been placed on a list of specifically-designated global terrorists, a designation that President Biden had removed in the early days of his presidency. 

U.S. and U.K. military fired ship- and submarine-launched missile strikes against specific targets. 

When asked if the attacks were effective, President Biden said, “When you say working, are they stopping the Houthis, no. Are they going to continue, yes.” 

National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said, “These strikes will continue for as long as they need to continue. I’m not going to telegraph punches one way or the other.” 

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said, “The Houthis must be held accountable for their actions, but it should not be at the expense of Yemeni civilians. As the Department of State moves forward with this [terrorist] designation, we are taking significant steps to mitigate any adverse impacts this designation may have on the people of Yemen.” 

As the Lord Leads, Pray with Us…

  • For the president and members of his administration as they pursue military strikes against the Houthi rebels.
  • For wisdom for U.S. officials as they respond to the terrorism occurring in the Red Sea and other areas.

Sources: Reuters, Axios, CNN, CBS News 

RECENT PRAYER UPDATES

Back to top
FE3