Both state they are committed to ongoing peace.
On Monday the White House released a joint statement between President Donald Trump and Kim Jong-Un of North Korea. This statement followed the historic meeting of the two nations for the first time.
The Statement outlines four major areas that the two nations are committed to working towards. Those points are as follows:
- The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new U.S.–DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.
- The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.
- Reaffirming the April 27, 2018, Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
- The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.
Also expressed in the latter was the desire for goodwill to continue between the two nations and the hope for ongoing communication.
- For continued wisdom for Donald Trump as he continues talks with North Korea.
- For U.S. diplomats to have wisdom as they meet with foreign leaders.
- For peace on the Korean peninsula.